WEALTHGATE Biotech Aggressive Fund
We invest in fast-growing biotechnology companies engaged in the research and development and marketing of innovative pharmaceuticals.
The WEALTHGATE GmbH Family Office has been audited by Capital magazine and has received the above awards as an advisor.
Particularly in the case of widespread diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes or cancer, scientists have already discovered numerous new approaches based on the latest findings for even more efficient treatment with fewer side effects or even curing diseases.
Whereas in the past it was often only possible to treat the symptoms of a disease, the knowledge of genome and proteome researchers has now made it possible to specifically combat the causes. Biotechnology is thus opening up completely new options in this area, while at the same time improving the possibilities of application for the traditional pharmaceutical industry, which works with chemical molecules.
Today, biotechnologically produced drugs already account for about 30% of the total turnover of the pharmaceutical industry in Germany.
A foretaste of what biotechnology can do is shown by the Corona pandemic. Never in history have so many companies developed potential drugs and vaccines in such a short time.
This is just the beginning and shows how efficient this industry has become.
The goal of the WEALTHGATE Biotech Aggressive Fund
With our in-depth expert knowledge and a portfolio of a maximum of 100 stocks, we make this innovative area of biotechnology accessible to investors.
Overview of diseases
- Cancer takes a huge toll on humanity. In the meantime, more than 150 types of cancer are known and there are about 17 million new cases every year.
- Up to now, efforts have mainly focused on preventing cancer, or suppressing or stopping its spread in the body. It is of central importance to identify risk factors.
- Rare diseases are often life-threatening and affect 50% of children. So-called “orphan drugs” are being developed for treatment.
- It is often not worthwhile for large pharmaceutical companies to develop drugs against these diseases, as the number of affected people is simply too small to cover the enormous development costs.
- The best known and most widespread metabolic disease worldwide is diabetes. It is often caused by an unhealthy diet and lack of exercise. But “non-alcoholic fatty liver” is also a widespread metabolic disease that costs the health system several billion euros annually.
- Cardiovascular diseases are diseases of the cardiovascular system such as high blood pressure, heart attack or stroke.
- Although there is already a large number of drugs available, these diseases are the most common cause of death worldwide.
- Neurological diseases are for example Alzheimer, Parkinson, MS, depression, migraine. The reasons for these diseases are often unknown and existing therapies are not very effective.
- Due to demographic change, a significant increase in these diseases is expected. Therefore, there is a high medical need in this area.
- Corona, HIV, hepatitis C, fungal infections are among the so-called infectious diseases.
- Significant progress has already been made in these areas in the past. The goal is to significantly reduce the development times for new antibiotics and vaccines.
Advantages of biotech drugs
Deeper competitive pressure
Versatile application options
Greener products and procedures
More sustainable world
Why invest in biotechnology
Result: detection through our rigorous and disciplined selection process
VAdvantages of the
WEALTHGATE Biotech Aggressive Fund
- Not every company in this field will be successful. That is why a professional selection of companies is indispensable.
- Before the purchase, potential companies are analysed and evaluated using multi-stage procedures.
- In active management, we do not simply replicate an index such as the DAX, for example, but rather fund management selects the companies in a targeted manner.
- With active management, there is a great opportunity to outperform the market.
Event driven approach
- Biotech companies go through a cyclical process in the development of drugs. At the beginning an investment is much less interesting than shortly before approval.
- Therefore, the right timing plays a major role in the purchase.
- The fund is not restricted to a specific company size or to a specific phase in product development.
- For this reason, the fund is widely spread across many companies to increase opportunities and reduce risk.
Ready to join us?
Your access to sustainable financial management
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter der Wealthgate GmbH
74523 Schwäbisch Hall
Fon: 0791 / 202 196 00